What is a memorandum and when does it need to be filed?
Upon receipt of your notice of appeal and your written memorandum, the Cottonwood Municipal Court will forward a complete copy of your case to you and the state.

A memorandum is a written statement that you send to the Cottonwood Municipal Court setting forth the legal issues and legal reasons why you are appealing the judgment of the Cottonwood Municipal Court.

Once the Cottonwood Municipal Court has received both the appellate memorandum (from the party filing the appeal) and appellee memorandum (from the opposing party), the case will be forwarded to the Yavapai County Superior Court. Failure to pay any costs or fees, or to respond to any notices from the Municipal Court or Superior Court may result in your appeal being dismissed. You should read and respond to all notices received from either court.

Show All Answers

1. What happens at a pre-trial conference?
2. What happens at a trial on criminal charges/complaints?
3. How do I file an appeal?
4. What costs are involved?
5. Can I have an attorney represent me for my appeal?
6. Will the Court appoint me an attorney?
7. What if I cannot afford the costs of an appeal?
8. What is a memorandum and when does it need to be filed?