Will the Court appoint me an attorney?
The Court may appoint an attorney for certain criminal appeals. You must first be deemed indigent. To attain this status, you must submit a written request for a public defender and provide a sworn financial statement for the Cottonwood Municipal Court to rule on.

Show All Answers

1. What happens at a pre-trial conference?
2. What happens at a trial on criminal charges/complaints?
3. How do I file an appeal?
4. What costs are involved?
5. Can I have an attorney represent me for my appeal?
6. Will the Court appoint me an attorney?
7. What if I cannot afford the costs of an appeal?
8. What is a memorandum and when does it need to be filed?