Defensive Driving Information
EligibilityYou may be eligible to have a civil traffic moving violation dismissed by attending Defensive Driving School. You may be eligible if you meet all 3 of the following criteria:
- You have not attended a Defensive Driving School within the past 12 months
- Your civil traffic citation charges a violation of ARS §28- 644 through §28-906
- Your violation did not involve a collision in which any person was seriously injured or killed
If you have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), you are not eligible to attend Defensive Driving School.
Fines & PointsIf you choose to attend and successfully complete Defensive Driving School, the civil traffic moving violation will be dismissed, you will not have to pay a fine to the Court, and the Motor Vehicle Division will not assess any points on your driving record.
- If you elect to have a Civil Traffic Hearing you lose the option to attend the Defensive Driving School for a dismissal.
- If you have been cited for violating ARS §28-645A3A (A Red Light Violation) or if you are under age 18 and have been cited for a first offense civil traffic moving violation, you may be eligible to attend Defensive Driving School and have the violation dismissed. If you choose not to attend Defensive Driving School or you are not eligible to attend, and plead or are found responsible, you must pay the fine and you will be assigned to attend Traffic Survival School by the Motor Vehicle Division when they (MVD) receives notification of the violation.
EnrollTo enroll in a Certified Defensive Driving Program contact:
- Phone: 888-334-5565